Guide:List of resources
From Fansubbing Wiki
This is a list of external resources and guides for various topics and techniques.
This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items. (September 2022)
- A Guide to Timing in Aegisub (jadpraet/WhyNot(?))
- Absolute basics of timing with the Timing Post-Processor. Also has K-timing and Alpha timing sections. Old.
- Basics of Timing in Aegisub (unanimated)
- Isn't quite as outdated. Has sections on timing without TPP and general advice.
- Zahuczky's K-Timing guide
- "0th" part of . Goes through the basics, and what to do/what not to do.
- Tracking Motion using Blender (Subarashii no Fansub)
- A tutorial on how to do motion tracking for typesetting in Aegisub using Blender. For support for Mocha-like plane tracking, use instead of the one linked to in the tutorial.
- Modified Export Script for After Effects Transform Data (arch1t3cht)
- A modified version of
aae-export.pyfor Blender that supports plane tracking, which can be more accurate for tracking surfaces and allows for easier scale tracking. See the README for usage instructions.
- Manuals for All Reanimated Scripts
- Manuals for unanimated's Aegisub automations.
- list of functions of unanimated's Aegisub scripts
- A list of functions for unanimated's Aegisub automations, which can help to answer the question "Is there a script that does X?"
Karaoke Effects (KFX)
- Zahuczky's KFX Guide
- A work-in-progress guide on the full process of creating karaoke effects.
- Jockotan's blog
- Explains the basics of KFX and dissects some simple examples.
- A Programmer's Guide to Karaoke Templaters (arch1t3cht)
- Explains the core concepts common among all three established templaters with examples. Also lists their most important differences and shows how to convert from one templater to another.
- Manual for Aegisub's stock templater
- Documented as part of Aegisub's documentation.
- Manual for KaraOK
- Documented in the README of the GitHub repository. Only really documents the changes from the stock templater.
- Manual for The0x539's templater
- Documented in its GitHub repository. This is a standalone manual, but it still references concepts established by the previous templaters.